Nonprofits to Support Tornado Relief
We have been watching the devastation that tornadoes have caused in Kentucky, Arkansas, Illinois, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee. Below are nonprofits that are supporting these communities.
Each of these nonprofits can be found on Deed for donations.
- American Red Cross
- American Red Cross Bluegrass Area Chapter
- Kentucky Blood Center
- Feeding America Kentucky's Heartland – has mobilized efforts to provide ready-to-eat bags of food that require no cooking and extra utensils.
- Kentucky Educational Development Corporation (KEDC) – They are assisting by stuffing buses and vans with toys, water, etc. for the Western KY tornado victims.
- United Way of Kentucky – United Way of Kentucky has set up a Disaster Recovery Fund to support Kentucky communities in need.
- Team Rubicon – a veteran-led disaster relief organization, deployed six people to Kentucky for recovery efforts that include clearing roadways from Benton to Mayfield.
- International Medical Corps – is deploying an emergency response to Kentucky.
- CARE – an international aid organization, is providing food, water and shelter, as well as cash assistance to families.